Cuse Cars Blog
10 Questions to Ask When Buying a Used Car in Central New York
Planning to buy a used car? Asking the right questions can save you a lot of time, money, and headaches down the road. To help you get started, we've compiled a list of 10 essential questions to ask when buying a used car here in Syracuse, NY.
1. What is the car's history? Knowing the previous owner's driving habits, as well as any accidents or damage the car has sustained, can give you valuable insight into its current condition.
2. What is the mileage? High mileage doesn't necessarily mean a car is in bad shape, but it's worth taking into consideration.
3. Has the car been regularly serviced? A well-maintained car is more likely to be in good working order than one that hasn't been serviced regularly.
4. What is the asking price? Is it in line with similar models on the market?
5. Is there anything wrong with the car? Make sure to get a realistic idea of any repairs or maintenance that may be needed.
6. Are there any outstanding recalls? You can check for recalls here.
7. What kind of fuel economy does the car get? If you're looking to save money at the pump, this is an important question to ask.
8. What are the insurance rates? Insurance companies take many factors into consideration when calculating premiums, including make and model of the vehicle.
9. How long will the warranty last? If something goes wrong after you purchase the car, you'll be glad you asked this question!
10. What does the undercarriage look like? Is rust an issue? Normal amounts of rust are okay, but you want to avoid heavy rust damage.
Buying a used car can be a daunting task, but armed with the right information, you can make the process a whole lot easier. If you have any further questions, or would like to schedule a test drive, please don't hesitate to contact us at Cuse Cars on Hiawatha Blvd. We're always happy to help!